OIA'S CONTINUING COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Asalamu Alaikum OIA Parents,
COVID-19 has posed unique challenges for our organization and its operations. Oklahoma Islamic Academy (OIA) has placed protocols in place to keep our students and staff safe. OIA reserves the right to amend and adjust its COVID-19 protocols without prior notice. By enrolling your child(ren) in OIA, you acknowledge and agree to hold harmless OIA, its employees, Board Members, directors, and volunteers and any other related parties from any harm that may arise due to your child(ren)’s attendance at our organization. In addition, by enrolling your child(ren) in any of our programs, including the full-time homeschool co-op, you agree to continue paying the terms of your tuition obligation if OIA is mandated to transition to virtual/alternative instruction. This includes co-op students who may be required to continue their learning at home via virtual online instruction provided by OIA teachers in a structured and LIVE format. No exceptions. If you decide to withdraw your child due to a transition to virtual instruction, you will still be obligated to pay for your tuition until the remainder of the academic year 2021/2022
As an OIA family, you also agree to the following:
- Your child will be required to get the flu vaccine every academic year and present proof of vaccination for the flu vaccine no later than October 31st each year.
- Should it become available for children of all ages, your child will be required to get a COVID-19 vaccination before or during the academic year. (Due date for proof of vaccination pending and based on CDC/FDA guidelines).
- The flu vaccine as well as the COVID-19 vaccine (should it also become available for children) will be required for all staff and students every academic year.
- Your child will be required to wear either a face shield, face mask or both, depending on their age, which you agree to purchase from OIA.
- Your child will be required to have their temperature taken upon arrival every day with an infrared no-touch thermometer. If your child has a temperature of 99 degrees or above, he/she will not be allowed to enter the building. Students can only return with a doctor’s note indicating a negative COVID-19 test result.
- Upon arrival, your child will be required to change to indoor-only shoes, such as crocs, which you agree to provide.
- Upon immediate arrival, your child will be required to sanitize their hands, rubbing for 30 seconds. Once he/she enters the building, he/she will be directed to a sink to wash hands thoroughly with soap and water before entering their classroom.
- Your child will not bring a backpack, reusable lunch bag, reusable drinking bottle, etc to OIA. Students must bring their own healthy lunches, but they will not be allowed to bring them in any kind of plastic or fabric reusable lunch boxes. Your child should have his/her lunch prepared in disposable brown paper lunch bags or Ziploc bags with their first and last name labeled clearly on them. Teachers will throw away all leftover food/drinks/bags. You agree to send only disposable utensils.
- Your child will be required to bring his/her own disposable water bottle each day with his/her first and last name clearly labeled on the bottle. Unfinished bottles will be disposed of at the end of the day.
- You agree that you will not send your child to OIA if he/she is sick, exhibiting any signs of illness, including but not limited to, fever, coughing, runny nose, diarrhea, stomach pain, ear pain, throat pain, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, etc.
- You agree that you will not send your child to OIA if someone in your household is ill and exhibiting any signs of COVID-19 related illnesses, including but not limited to fever, coughing, runny nose, diarrhea, stomach pain, ear pain, hearing loss, throat pain, difficulty breathing, difficulty swallowing, etc.
- You agree to provide a doctor’s note indicating a negative COVID-19 test result at the request of OIA at any time, for any reason, even if your child is not exhibiting signs of illness if OIA staff believe this is necessary for the well-being of all.
- You agree that OIA reserves the right to make changes to any policies or rules if we believe that it will benefit our students and staff under any circumstances.
Please download and sign a copy of the COVID-19 clause here and submit it with the application materials.